IMB Outfitters on FacebookIMB Outfitters on TwitterIMB Outfitters on YouTube
Toll Free: (866) 855-7063  
Phone: (660) 385-1800 

Trophy Deer Hunts in

Trophy Deer Hunts in

Trophy Deer Hunts in

Trophy Deer Hunts in




or Call Us Toll Free at


How to get a Kansas deer tag

How to Get a Kansas Deer Tag for Non Residents
How to Obtain a Non Resident Kansas Deer Tag
Applicants must apply online from April 1 thru April 27, 2012 or apply by phone 620-672-0728 620-672-0728.
Unit 11 is by far the best unit in Kansas and is located on Kansas’s east border. This is where IMB Outfitters runs its whitetail deer hunts and take monster bucks.
All fees listed below will have an internet convenience fee added at time of applying online for a permit or preference point.
Nonresident White-tailed Deer permit (white-tailed deer buck, doe or fawn) – $322.50. Hunter applies in unit 11 and selects one adjacent unit in which to also hunt, as well as the season choice (archery, muzzleloader, or firearm) at the time of application.
Group Hunt in Kansas: The group hunt application is to accommodate those who do not want to hunt unless their hunting partners draw also. Applicants (up to 5) must apply for the same unit and the same weapon choice. You must have group leader's KDWP Customer ID Number to join the group. Muzzleloader permit holders may hunt during early muzzleloader season and regular firearm season using muzzleloader equipment only. If unsuccessful in the draw, hunter receives a $301 refund and a preference point for next year’s draw. If successful in the draw, you will also need to purchase a nonresident hunting license.
Preference Point -- $22.50. A nonresident hunter who doesn’t want to hunt in the current season can purchase a preference point that will count toward a white-tailed deer permit in a future drawing.
For purchase over-the-counter and online:
Hunter must first have a nonresident deer permit that allows the taking of an antlered deer, unless purchased after Dec. 30:
Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit (any white-tailed deer without a visible antler) – $52.50 for nonresidents. First Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit purchased will be valid statewide, including all KDWP-managed public hunting areas. Second Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permit shall be valid in units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10A, 11, 12, 13 ,14, 15, 16 and 19 on lands not managed by KDWP, except Cedar Bluff Wildlife Area. As many as three additional Nonresident Antlerless White-tailed Deer permits shall be valid in subunit 10A and units 7, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 19 on lands not managed by KDWP. All whitetail antlerless permits are valid during any season, provided legal equipment for that season is used. Permits may be purchased over-the-counter or online June 15 – Jan 30.
The nonresident deer permit draw results should be available by June 1st.
Nonresident hunters, regardless of age, must have a nonresident hunting license unless they purchase a exempt license which can only be purchased one time.
All annual hunting licenses can be purchased online by clicking here or through all licensed agents, or Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks offices.
2012 Deer Season Dates:
Youth and Disability Season: Sept. 8- 16, 2012
Early Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 17 - Sept. 30, 2012
Archery Season: Sept. 17 - Dec. 31, 2012
Firearms Season: Nov. 28 - Dec. 9, 2012
Early Firearms Season (DMU 19 ONLY) Oct. 13 - Oct. 21, 2012
Extended Whitetail Antlerless Season: Jan. 1 - 13, 2013
Special Extended Whitetail Antlerless Season: Jan. 14 - Jan. 20, 2013 (UNITS 7, 8, AND 15 ONLY)
Extended Archery Season (UNIT 19 ONLY) Jan. 9 - Jan. 31, 2013
Schedule B -- Choices for Nonresident Deer Permits: The nonresident deer permit draw results should be available by June 1st.
2012 By drawing only: 2012 Nonresident DEER Application Deadline: April 27, 2012

Darrin Bradley

Back to the Hunting Articles